- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Whey Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8x8 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place oats in blender and blend for a minute or until they resemble the consistency of flour. Transfer oat flour to medium bowl then whisk in protein powder and cocoa powder; set aside.
- Whisk together applesauce, egg, sweetener, vanilla and almond milk until smooth and well combined. Add to dry ingredients and mix together until just combined.
- Heat coconut oil and 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips in a small saucepan over very low heat; stir continuously until all chocolate chips and coconut oil have melted together. Gently stir into brownie batter.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips and strawberries on top; sometimes I like to swirl them in the batter with a knife. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until just cooked through and the top has set. Transfer pan to wire rack to cool completely. Once cool, cut into 12 bars -- please note that bars should be kept covered in the refrigerator and enjoyed cold!
- Serving size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 100
- Fat: 5.5g
- Carbohydrates: 11.5g
- Protein: 5g