What is Collagen?
What is Collagen?
Walk into any supplement store, go online for 5 minutes, scroll IG and I can guarantee the supplement Collagen will pop up! What is this mythical supplement? Why is everyone taking it? Is this the next Fit Tea or the real deal? We will take you through Collagen 101 here!
What Is Collagen?
- Collagen is the most abundant protein in your body because it's the protein that gives structure to your bones, hair, skin, and nails. It is not a protein for building muscle which it commonly gets mistaken for.
Why We Need Collagen?
- As we age, stress and do that thing called life, it impacts the production of our collagen. Try bending over and tying your shoes... harder than it was yesterday right? Now look in the mirror...AHHHH (just kidding).
Now, How Does Collagen Work?
- The protein Collagen is made up of many amino acids all with the purpose of strengthening our connective tissue (bones and joints), hair, skin, and nail production. As you build up your Collagen levels, this will aid in stronger tissue.
And, How Does Collagen Affect Skin?
- Collagen makes up close to 70% of the building blocks in our skin which means its purpose is to help skin stay strong, limber, and wrinkle-free. Think of Collagen as the foundation to our skin and that's why people “glow” when they take Collagen.
Affect the Body?
- As we age, we become more and stiffer (skin, bones, joints) so think of Collagen as a lubricant to all this as we age. Drink this stuff and feel 5 again! You don’t even have to stretch. That's a lie, always stretch because you will pop a hamstring trying to show off in a pickup basketball game.
Does Campus Protein Sell Collagen
- DUH, that is the reason for this article...here it is!
Sports Research Collagen Peptides
<< Try Collagen Now >>
More from: Diet & Nutrition
Leave a comment