- 2 1/2 cups (112 g) unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (37 g) vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (80 g) dark chocolate chips
- Place coconut flakes in a food processor. Process for about one minute or until coconut flakes are small and sticky crumbs. Add coconut oil, protein powder, and water. Process until it forms a sticky dough.
- Use a cookie dough scoop or grab small portions of the dough (about 2 tablespoon size portions). Wet hands and shape into bars. Each of my bars was a little over 4 inches long. Continue to wet hands as needed throughout the process of shaping the bars. Place shape bars on a parchment lined cookie sheet and freeze for 5-10 minutes to set.
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. Melt at 30 second increments in the microwave at 50% power, stirring each time. Once melted, drizzle the chilled protein bars with the chocolate. Let chocolate set completely.
- Individually wrap chocolate bars or store each in a snack size plastic bag. Keep refrigerated. You may store them in the fridge and then thaw them before you want to eat them.
Nutrition: Calories - 200 Carbs - 10g Fat - 17 g Protein - 6 g Sodium - 22mg Sugar - 6 g
Recipe by: Dollop of Yum
More from: Recipes