Skip to content
- 1 cup of softened butter, a Crisco stick or ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar (250g)
- 1/2 cup sugar (100g)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/3 cup flour (292g)
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mixed semi-sweet chocolate chips and peanut butter chips for tops of cookies
Peanut Butter Filling
- Prepare your peanut butter filling first by combining peanut butter, protein, and vanilla in a medium-sized bowl and stirring until all ingredients are well-combined.
- Drop peanut butter mixture by 2 teaspoon-sized scoops onto a wax paper-lined cookie sheet. Place in the freezer to chill while you prepare your cookie dough.
Chocolate Cookie Dough
- Combine butter/yogurt and sugars in large bowl until creamy
- Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract.
- In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet, stirring well until ingredients are well incorporated.
- Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Cover bowl with cling wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Once the dough is nearly done chilling, preheat oven to 375F (190C) and prepare cookie sheets
- Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator and peanut butter filling from the freezer.
- Use a 1 1/2 Tbsp-sized cookie scoop and scoop a heaping portion of cookie dough.
- Make a crater in the center of the dough with your thumb and gently press a frozen dollop of peanut butter filling in the center. WORK QUICKLY
- Take another scoop of cookie dough and cover the peanut butter filling. Roll the dough around the filling until you have a smooth ball of cookie dough with no peanut butter showing.
- Press chips into the dough as pleased (reference image 1)
- Place on a prepared cookie sheet and bake on 375F (190C) for 13 minutes or until golden brown as pictured in picture 2
- Once cookies have baked, remove from the oven
- Allow cookies to cool completely on a cookie sheet/ finish cooking with residual heat