Birthday Cake Protein Cups
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- pinch salt
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Buff Bake Birthday Cake Nut Butter
- 2 tbsp milk of choice
- 1/2 packet stevia
- optional: sprinkles
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp cocoa powder (25g)
- 20-30 nunaturals vanilla drops or 2-3 tbsp pure maple syrup or agave
- 1/4 cup liquid virgin coconut oil (Or omit these first three ingredients and simply melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips instead.) (58g)
- Make the chocolate coating by stirring ingredients together. Spoon just a little of the chocolate into the bottoms of cupcake liners, mini cupcake liners, or candy molds. Then freeze 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all cake ingredients in a small bowl and microwave 2 minutes (or more or less, depending on your microwave’s wattage).
- With a fork, break cake into tiny crumbs. In a separate bowl, combine filling ingredients and stir well. If your nut butter is from the fridge, you may have to microwave a little so it’ll stir more easily.
- Take liners out of the freezer and top each with filling, then sprinkle on some cake crumbs. (You won’t use anywhere near all the cake crumbs, but I thought this was easier than giving ingredient amounts of 1/64 tsp!)
- Cover with the rest of the chocolate, and freeze until solid.
Macros for 1: Calories: 53 Fat: 5.2 Carbs: 2.0 Protein: 5.0
Recipe By: Chocolate Covered Katie
More from: Recipes
Leave a comment