Cookie Dough Protein Blizzard
- Peel bananas and cut into quarters and freeze. (I always have frozen banana chunks in my freezer for smoothies, or 'ice cream')
- In a food processor combine cashews, oats, and protein powder. Pulse until almost a flour consistency is achieved.
- Add in the maple syrup and almond milk and pulse a few more times.
- Add in the dates and process until all is well combined and the batter resembles thick sticky paste.
- On a cutting board, cut chocolate into small chunks with a knife.
- Transfer to a bowl and fold in chocolate chunks.
- With wet hands (very important your hands are wet as this will prevent the cookie dough from sticking, and will roll easier), roll cookie dough into small round balls. Place on a plate or cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Batter makes 20 balls.
- Freeze cookie dough balls for at least 3 hours.
- Once banana chunks are frozen you can make the 'ice cream'.
- In a food processor or blender combine banana, almond milk, ice cubes, and peanut butter. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a tupperware and freeze for 2 hours or until firm. (if you leave for longer, and the ice cream is too hard to scoop, just let it thaw on the counter for a bit)
- Once your 'ice cream' is thick and scoopable, divide between 2 glasses.
- Add in a couple cookie dough balls to each glass, and enjoy!
Macros: Calories:388 kcal Fat: 12g Carbohydrates: 42g Sugar: 16g Fiber: 6g Protein: 33g
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.