Cinnamon Sugar Protein Donuts
- 1 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅔ cup unsweetened applesauce
- dash nutmeg
- dash cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons erythritol
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Combine the donut ingredients (not including the coating), and mix well.
- Spoon into a ziplock bag, and cut off the corner to pipe these into your silicone donut pan.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, and check to see if they are firm. If not, check every 1-2 minutes. Do not overbake! Whey cake can be very dry if it is overbaked.
- Remove from oven, and let cool. Then remove from pan.
- Mix erythritol and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Brush each donut with melted coconut oil (to make the coating stick), and dip into the coating.
- Enjoy! Donuts can stay out for the day, but refrigerate for longer storage.
Serving size: 1 donut
More from: Recipes
Leave a comment