Good sleep is an extremely important to perform at your best ability. Sleep stimulates the release of testosterone and growth hormone, triggering the body to burn fat and build muscle.
Getting the right quality and amount of sleep:
– Speeds up protein synthesis and enhances muscle recovery
– Restores and maintains mental alertness
– Releases Human Growth Hormone – 60% to 70% of daily HGH secretion takes place when you’re in early sleep, following which the deepest sleep cycles often occur! Not getting the proper amount of sleep can effect hormones in a negative way.
– Restore organs, bones, and tissue; replenishes immune cells
How to get the most efficient amount of sleep:
1) Aim to get a minimum of 8 hours of sleep per night
2) Take in slow digesting protein, such as casein before bed. This will allow the body to form a gel in your stomach that is slow digesting. Some foods that will help better your sleep include cottage cheese, yogurt, or turkey. A casein shake before bed is most ideal to ensure your muscles receive proper nutrients.
3) Avoid checking technology. Being on your devices will cause your brain to have a more difficult time to sleep due to the lights being emitting. Aim to turn off phones and computers 1-2 hours before hitting the bed.
4) Avoid caffeine. Caffeine found in coffee, soda, and even protein bars will conflict with people being able to fall asleep. Pre-workouts can have a negative effect on sleep and should be taken no later than 4-5pm.
5) Sleep in a cool temperature. Sleeping in a cooler environment will help stay in a comfortable state.
6) Ditch the late night snacking. Allowing your body to digest food a couple hours before going to sleep will allow your body to to achieve a full restorative state.
Supplements to help you get a better sleep:
ZMA Pro- This is a sleep enhancing formula that will give you a necessary formula to hit your REM sleep faster as well as longer - better sleep = better recovery. Just be careful because your dreams will incredible on ZMA.
CRASH- This is a nighttime muscle recovery and fat burning supplement. It will increase your sleep productivity to make you build muscle better while REM sleep and burn more fat in the process.
P6 PM- Testosterone support and nighttime recovery to enhance recovery while you sleep, it allows your body to repair muscle and cell tissue faster and more efficiently. When you sleep, you will go into deeper sleeps and spike testosterone to take muscle building to its unlocked potential.
Iron Dream-This product has ZMA (Zinc Monomethionine Aspartate, with Magnesium and Vitamin B6) and 5-HTP (sleep aid) to get you in that REM sleep. Once you’re asleep, Iron Dream’s blend of Glutamine and BCAAs feeds and repairs your muscles so you can start the day refueled and ready to lift like Arnold himself.
Comments will be approved before showing up.